According to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 18 April 1961, the functions of the Embassy are, among others, to:
- represent Italy in the Kingdom of Bahrain;
- protect the interests of Italy and its citizens, within the limits permitted by international law;
- negotiate with the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain;
- be informed , by any lawful means, of the conditions and evolution of events in Bahrain and report to the Italian State;
- promote friendly relations and develop economic, cultural and scientific relations between Italy and Bahrain.
The Embassy staff, divided into various offices, is made up of both staff from the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and from other Italian ministries and public bodies.
The Head of Mission is Ambassador Paola Amadei. The Deputy Head of Mission is the Second Secretary Marco Millarte.
The Consular Affairs Office in Bahrain and the ITA Agency Desk are located at the Embassy. Through its Consular Affairs Office, the Embassy of Italy provides a series of consular services to Italian and foreign citizens residing in Bahrain.
In the pages that make up the website it is possible to find information and documents concerning the provision of consular services, useful addresses for supporting commercial activities, emergency numbers as well as news on the cultural activities of the Embassy.
The Embassy is present on social media through the following official profiles:
X (Twitter): @ItalyInBahrain